Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You probably don't care but...


I work in transportation as a logistics coordinator meaning I basically am just a go between for shippers and truckers. As such I run into issues with freight mistakes during the course of my day particularly with truck drivers. It just seems that the majority of all my problems comes from shoddy work practices by trucking companies. Which brings me to my point of this rant, why is there no valid, immediate, and harsh punishment for failing to fulfill a freight contract? As of right now my options boil down to trying to not pay the company or whining at them. Since the bill can be passed off to a collections agency by the carrier it really isn't that big of a threat to try and not pay which leaves me with the very fulfilling but ultimately fruitless act of bitching and complaining at the dispatcher till they cant handle anymore and say they are sorry. This while incredibly satisfying doesn't really produce any results whatsoever. So again I ask the question, why is there no repercussion for these failed freight contracts? I suggest firing squad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.